Special Collections and Archives is open to researchers by appointment only.
*At times the reading room will be closed due to staffing levels. The appointment system reflects scheduled dates/times when the reading room will be closed.
Researchers must make an appointment at least 48 hours in advance of visiting. A reservation ensures a seat is available for researchers using materials from DePaul Library's Special Collections and Archives. Reservations are for individuals; each person in a group will need their own reservation.
- Select the date using the calendar on this page.
- Reserve a time slot for the first available seat listed.
- Complete the booking form (name, phone, and email address) to reserve a seat.
- Check your email for confirmation and for cancellation instructions.
To request specific materials for your research visit, please use our Researcher Registration Form.
Health and Safety Guidelines
In alignment with updated mask guidance issued by the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH), DePaul is again requiring everyone on campus—regardless of vaccination status—to wear a face mask indoors. Thank you for doing your part to Take Care DePaul by practicing healthy behaviors that will promote safety on campus.
At this time Special Collections and Archives staff will not be fulfilling requests for reproductions. Researchers can use provided equipment for self-service reproductions.
- Cell phone stand with Bluetooth shutter button (researchers provide their own cell phone)
- Tabletop document scanner (researchers provide their own laptop computer and will need to download scanner software to operate)