Access to John T. Richardson Library
Note: a reservation is not needed if you are picking up an item from the library. Learn more about our contactless pickup service.
Due to COVID-19, Library access is by reservation only and limited to the second floor of the John T. Richardson Library.
Reservations are for seating for individual study, access to electrical outlets, and computer use (as available--not guaranteed with reservation). Studying in groups is not allowed.
Please note the following changes in policy and services:
- Access is currently restricted to current DePaul students, faculty, and staff.
- To gain access to the library, you will need:
- Multiple bookings can be made in one day, but the total amount of time booked cannot exceed 3 hours.
- Printing services will not be available at JTR; please use lab 111 in the Arts & Letters Hall or Brownstones in the Student Center for your printing needs.
Once inside, please note the following temporary changes in our access policies:
- You must wear a face mask for the duration of your stay.
- Eating and drinking is not permitted in the library.
- You must leave the library after your reservation expires.
- You must stay within the cordoned off areas of the second floor.
Stay home if you are sick. In addition, you must wear a mask or cloth face covering and maintain physical distancing with others while on campus. Read more about DePaul's Health & Safety Practices.